Thank you for landing on this page. This article presents a curated list with boilerplate code and open-source starters sorted by technology. All projects shared a common set of features:
- actively supported by the publisher
- proved traction (Github stars, downloads)
- open-source - anyone can access the code, without credentials
- modern patterns and frameworks
What is a Boilerplate
In programming, boilerplate code is a piece of software that can be reused over and over without changing a single line of code. The whole idea behind a starter (sometimes called a boilerplate code) is to skip coding that piece of code common to many projects. If the starter code-base is well written, by using it, we can save some valuable time.
Nodejs Boilerplate Code
- Nodejs Starter Hackathon - this Nodejs Boilerplate has more than 26k Github start and is equipped with many useful features like authentication, Bootstrap4 integration, SaaS support, modular and very easy to use - sources, live demo
- Nodejs Starter API Kit - this starter is supported actively by a company and comes with tooling for authoring data API backends with Nodejs and GraphQL, out of the box - sources
- Nodejs Starter Serverless is a Nodejs starter for the Serverless Framework with async/await and unit test support. The project is actively supported by Frank Wang with 450 Github stars. This starter got my attention mainly for the serverless concept, which is a raising concept in web development nowadays - sources
- Nodejs Starter - Express / Nodejs Starter with JWT authentication, SQLite database, Sequelize ORM, unit tests and basic tooling. Actively supported and versioned by AppSeed
Vue Boilerplate Code
- TypeScript Vue Starter is a starter template for TypeScript and Vue with a detailed README describing how to use the two together. Supported by Microsoft - sources
- Nuxt.js - The Vue.js Framework - Nuxt.js presets all the configuration needed to make your development of a Vue.js application enjoyable. Nuxt.js can produce Universal, Single Page, and Static Generated Applications - sources
- Quasar Framework - is an MIT licensed open-source Vue.js based framework, which allows you as a web developer to quickly create responsive++ websites/apps in many flavors: SPA, PWA, SSR - sources
- Vue Argon Design - Vue.js App enhanced with JWT Authentication.
Flask Boilerplate Code
- Cookiecutter Flask - a flask template with Bootstrap 4, asset bundling+minification with webpack, starter templates, and registration/authentication - sources
- Flask Paper Kit Boilerplate - Open-Source Flask app enhanced with SQLite database, authentication, SQLAlchemy ORM and a beautiful UI - Paper Kit Design by Creative-Tim.
- Flask NowUI Boilerplate - Open-Source Flask app enhanced with SQLite database, authentication, SQLAlchemy ORM and a beautiful UI - Now UI Kit Design by Creative-Tim
Laravel Boilerplate Code
- Laravel 5 Boilerplate - Laravel Boilerplate installs like a regular Laravel application. If you've done it once, you've done it a million times - sources
- Laravel Auth - Laravel 5.8 with user authentication, registration with email confirmation, social media authentication, password recovery, and captcha protection - sources
- Laravel Boilerplate - Simple Laravel starter with JWT authentication and REST API.
Full-Stack Boilerplate Code
- Nodejs / React - Material Kit UI - Full-Stack starter
- Nodejs / Vue - Argon Design UI - Full-Stack starter