Thank you for landing here! This article presents the coded versions of a popular and beautiful free admin dashboard: Light Blue Dashboard. This design, provided by the FlatLogin company is a free product released under the MIT license on Github. To follow up this good practice, the coded versions, provided by the AppSeed platform, are also released under the MIT license, on Github.
What you get by reading this article:
- find out more about the open-source ecosystem
- get access at no cost to three, beautiful open-source products code by experienced programmers: Light Blue Dashboard (HTML version), Flask version and Django version.
- learn hot to build the apps and see something nice on your screen
- get support, if you encountered issues.
- Light Dashboard Blue - The Main Screen
For those in a rush, I will save here the links to the coded versions:
In order to build and use the apps, Python3 should be installed in the workstation. besides that, please read carefully the information provided in the README files. In case of any issues, feel free to open a new issue on Github or talk with us LIVE on Discord. Thanks for reading!
Open-Source Admin Dashboard coded in Flask Framework on top of Light Blue Dashboard design. Features:
- SQLite, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy ORM
- Alembic (DB schema migrations)
- Modular design with Blueprints
- Session-Based authentication (via flask_login)
- Forms validation
- Deployment scripts: Docker, Gunicorn
How to build the dashboard
$ # Get the code $ git clone https://github.com/app-generator/flask-dashboard-light-blue.git $ cd flask-dashboard-light-blue $ $ # Virtualenv modules installation (Unix based systems) $ virtualenv --no-site-packages env $ source env/bin/activate $ $ # Install modules $ pip3 install -r requirements-sqlite.txt $ $ # Set the FLASK_APP environment variable $ (Unix/Mac) export FLASK_APP=run.py $ $ # Start the application (development mode) $ # --host=0.0.0.0 - expose the app on all network interfaces (default 127.0.0.1) $ # --port=5000 - specify the app port (default 5000) $ flask run --host=0.0.0.0 --port=5000 $ $ # Access the dashboard in browser: http://127.0.0.1:5000/
Please create first an user to unlock the private menus and dashboard pages. (no default user is provided by default).
Open-Source Admin Panel coded in Django Framework on top of Light Blue Dashboard design. Dashboard features:
- SQLite, Django native ORM
- Modular design
- Session-Based Authentication (login, register)
- Forms validation
How to build the dashboard (Django version)
$ # Get the code $ git clone https://github.com/app-generator/django-dashboard-light-blue.git $ cd django-dashboard-light-blue $ $ # Virtualenv modules installation (Unix based systems) $ virtualenv --no-site-packages env $ source env/bin/activate $ $ # Install modules $ pip3 install -r requirements.txt $ $ # Create tables $ python manage.py makemigrations $ python manage.py migrate $ $ # Start the application (development mode) $ python manage.py runserver # default port 8000 $ $ # Start the app - custom port $ # python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:<your_port> $ $ # Access the web app in browser: http://127.0.0.1:8000/
By visiting the app in the browser, we should see the login page (app will redirect the guests users to authenticate). More dashboard screens:
- UI Elements - Typography
- UI Elements - Tables
This simple projects, all versions, might be used a base for your next project or simply to learn Python and accommodate with programming and open-source ecosystem.
Where to go from here?
- Access the product pages for Flask Blue Dashboard and Django Light Blue Dashboard and start coding something nice for you or for a real customer
- Ask for support or join the AppSeed community on Discord
- Check out the PRO UI kits coded in Flask and Django