If you plan to build your next application using React, this list with open-source apps might help you a little bit because all apps listed in this article are free, open-source and suitable for hobby and commercial products.
The selection criteria for our list:
- All apps are open-source and built with React
- Permissive license: MIT License, Apache License
- Modern Design
- The product is actively supported by the publisher
- Comes with a minimum tooling (Gulpjs, Webpack, Parcel)
Motivation to write this article
Top 20+ React Apps articles, most of them, are written by publishers with this bad habit of sniffing a lot of commercial apps in the content, without mention this aspect in the title. Based on this fact, I've built this curated list with open-source apps, that can be used by anyone, event without an account for hobby and commercial projects.
Material Kit React App is a Free Material-UI@4.1.0 Kit with a fresh, new design inspired by Google's material design. You asked for it, so we built it. It's a great pleasure to introduce to you the material concepts in an easy to use and beautiful set of components. Along with the restyling of the Material-UI elements, you will find three fully-coded example pages, to help you design your next project.
- React App Material Kit - the product page
- React App Material Kit sources - published on Github
- React App Material Kit demo - live demo of this app
Build from sources
To built this app from sources, without an account on the publisher website (e.g. Creative-Tim), just type:
$ git clone https://github.com/creativetimofficial/material-kit-react.git $ cd material-kit-react $ yarn # install modules $ yarn start # start the app in development mode $ yarn build # build the app for production
Now UI Kit React is a free Bootstrap 4, React, React Hooks and Reactstrap UI Kit provided for free by Invision and Creative Tim. It is a beautiful cross-platform UI kit featuring over 50 elements and 3 templates. Now UI Kit is one of the most popular UI Kits online, provided in PSD and Sketch formats by Invision. We wanted to find a way for developers worldwide to benefit from using it. So, in collaboration with Invision, we are launching the React version for it!
- React App NowUI - the official product page
- React App NowUI demo - something to click on
- React App NowUI sources - published on Github, under the MIT license
Build from sources
This app, coded in React, has a permissive license and anyone can use it to deliver a fancy landing page for a paying customer.
$ git clone https://github.com/creativetimofficial/now-ui-kit-react.git $ cd now-ui-kit-react $ yarn # install modules $ yarn start # start the app in development mode $ yarn build # build the app for production
Paper Kit React is a free Bootstrap 4, React, React Hooks and Reactstrap UI Kit with pale colors, beautiful typography and thoughtful drawings. We've created it having paper and drawings in mind.
Any elements that is vital to code a web project is already here, fully coded. All components are fully responsive and look great on every screen size. Transitions, shadows, colors, they all resemble the flow you would have using pieces of paper.
- Paper Kit React - the official product page
- Paper Kit React demo - something to click on
- Paper Kit React sources - available on Github (MIT license)
A high-quality & free React UI kit featuring a modern design system with dozens of custom components crafted by DesignRevision.
- React App Shards - the official product page
- React App Shards docs - product docs (WIP)
- React App Shards sources - published on Github
Build from sources
To build this React application, in your environment, just type:
$ git clone https://github.com/DesignRevision/shards-react.git $ cd shards-react $ yarn # install modules $ yarn build # build for production
- React - the official website and documentation
- Create React App - the console utility provided by the Facebook team
Useful? Sharing is caring. Thank you!